ADUM4470 Isolated Switch Regulator with Quad-Channel Isolators (4/0 Channel Directionality)
The ADuM4470 / ADuM4471 / ADuM4472 / ADuM4473 / ADuM4474 are quad-channel, digital isolations with a regulated DC/DC isolated power supply controller with an internal MOSFET driver. The DC/DC controller has an internal isolated PWM feedback from the secondary side based on the iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology and complete loop compensation. This eliminates the need to use an optocoupler for feedback and compensates the loop for stability.
The ADuM447x isolator provides a more stable output voltage and higher efficiency compared to unregulated isolated DC/DC jpower supplies. The fully integrated feedback and loop compensation in a wide-body SOIC package provide a smaller form factor and 8.3 mm creepage distance solution. The regulated feedback provides a relatively flat efficiency curve over the full output power range. The ADuM3070 enables a DC/DC converter with a 3.3 V to 24 V isolated output voltage range from either a 5.0 V or a 3.3 V input voltage, with an output power of up to 2.5 W.
The ADuM447x isolators provide four independent isolation channels in a variety of channel configurations and data rates. (The x in ADuM447x throughout this data sheet stands for the ADuM4470 / ADuM4471 / ADuM4472 / ADuM4473 / ADuM4474).
- Power supply startup bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Process controls
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
Features and Benefits
- For 2500 V rms isolation, please visit the ADuM3470 product page
- Isolated PWM feedback with built in compensation
- Primary side transformer driver for up to 2.5 W output power with 5 V input voltage
- Regulated adjustable output: 3.3 V to 24 V
- Quad dc-to-25 Mbps (NRZ) signal isolation channels
- Up to 80% efficiency
- 200 kHz to 1 MHz adjustable oscillator
- Soft start function at power-up
- Pulse-by-pulse overcurrent protection
- Thermal shutdown
- 5000 V rms isolation
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/µs
- 20-lead SOIC package with 8.3 mm creepage
- High temperature operation: 105°C