ADuM131D Robust, Triple Ch. isolator W/ Input Disable & 1 Reverse Channel
The ADuM130D/ADuM130E/ADuM131D/ADuM131E are triple-channel digital isolators based on Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives such as optocoupler devices and other integrated couplers. The maximum propagation delay is 13 ns with a pulse width distortion of less than 3 ns at 5 V operation. Channel matching is tight at 3.0 ns maximum.
The ADuM130D/ADuM130E/ADuM131D/ADuM131E data channels are independent and are available in a variety of configurations with a withstand voltage rating of 3.75 kV rms (see the Ordering Guide). The devices operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 1.8 V to 5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier.
Unlike other optocoupler alternatives, dc correctness is ensured in the absence of input logic transitions. Two different fail-safe options are available, in which the outputs transition to a predetermined state when the input power supply is not applied or the inputs are disabled. The ADuM130E1/ADuM131E1 are pin compatible with the ADuM1300/ADUM1301.
- General-purpose multichannel isolation
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI)/data converter isolation
- Industrial field bus isolation
Features and Benefits
- High common-mode transient immunity: 100 kV/µs
- High robustness to radiated and conducted noise
- Low propagation delay
- 13 ns maximum for 5 V operation
- 15 ns maximum for 1.8 V operation
- 150 Mbps maximum guaranteed data rate
- Backward compatibility
ADuM130E1/ADuM131E1 pin compatible with ADuM1300/ADUM1301
- Low dynamic power consumption
- 1.8 V to 5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 125°C
- Fail-safe high or low options
- 16-lead, RoHS compliant, SOIC package
- See data sheet for additional information